I absolutely loved my UPPAbaby Cruz when I had my first son. Compact, yet with full travel system capability, the Cruz was ideal for one child. However, soon after my first son was born, I was expecting another and I debated for a LONG time double stroller options that would fit our needs. I researched my options and narrowed things down to the Baby Jogger City Select and the UPPAbaby Vista.
With 2 under 2, I had a few must-haves:
- Able to carry an infant carrier + toddler seat
- Can eventually carry both kids in seats
- Great look and feel and maneuverability
- Price doesn’t break the bank
Both strollers satisfied the first 3 items on my wish list. But when it came to #4 – the pricing was significantly different… we’re talking a few hundred dollars different. I was able to find a Baby Jogger with second seat for around $450, which was $200 cheaper than usual and $400 cheaper than the UPPAbaby Vista.
So – I went with the Baby Jogger (at first) since I just couldn’t bring myself to justify the additional expense with another baby on the way.
But as time passed after I opened and set up the Baby Jogger, I just wasn’t in love. On paper, it had all of the same features as the UPPAbaby Vista – can carry children in a multitude of ways, fits up to 3 with a piggyback board, and seats can face each other or tandem style. Why wouldn’t my brain allow me to keep the more affordable stroller?!
Primarily, the Baby Jogger look and feel just didn’t seem as premium as the UPPAbaby Vista. The canopies and foot rests on the Baby Jogger are loose, whereas the UPPAbaby canopies are taut (wow how superficial… I know). I also had grown to appreciate the large cargo basket on my UPPAbaby Cruz and loved that the Vista carried over this same feature.
So – I spent a small fortune on the Vista. I justified it because a stroller is basically the most used baby item, I’ll still need a decent one for a few years, and I didn’t really splurge on anything else for baby #2. UPPAbaby strollers also tend to hold their value on resale – so in a couple years, I hope to be able to resell it to recoup at least a little money back.
Here’s what I love:
- Look and Feel – the stroller is beautiful; I actually feel guilty that a material item can deliver such joy when I’m using it.
- Manuverability – turns on a dime and narrow enough to fit through every doorway I’ve encountered
- Extended Canopies – there is a sunshade that folds out of the normal canopy that offers about 80% coverage
- Cargo Basket – huge, always fits everything I need it to… and everything everyone else I’m with needs it to (haha)
- Great customer service – UPPAbaby is well known for having some of the best customer service in the industry. If something breaks or isn’t right, they will do their best to replace it or assist.
However, there are a couple cons to the UPPAbaby:
- Adapters – I needed to purchase SO many additional adapters. Luckily, my infant carrier adapters for the Cruz fit my Vista, so I saved there. But I needed an additional set of spacing adapters ($40) for the main seat so that it sits a tad higher to accommodate the second seat.
- Accessories – Second seat wasn’t included, cost $180; Piggy-back kickboard also not included (about $100)
- Price – Base frame $850, with additional adapters and second seat – $1070
- Need to remove rumble seat to store – Sometimes though, it’s a little complicated to unpack everything and put it together (since it does not fold with the rumble seat attached, you need to remove this each time). If your older child is even a smidgen close enough to being able to ride the piggy back, I’d definitely purchase that instead of the rumble seat. For about $100, you have double-capacity capability for long term.
All in all, after using the Vista as a double the past few months, I really do love it. I’d absolutely highly recommend the Vista for use as a double if the pricing works for you. At this week’s ABC Kids expo, UPPAbaby has been sneak-peeking the upcoming 2017 Vista and the colors look awesome! I can’t wait to see what’s in store for the new model.
Do you love your UPPAbaby Vista? Or have another double stroller that you LOVE? Share below!